Friday, March 28, 2008

Two Lovebirds Sitting in a Tree KISSING...

Two little lovebirds sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G,
First comes LOVE, then come MARRIAGE!

Lovebirds have become an unexpected theme in our wedding, and a creative smorgasbord of great metaphors to play with regarding our invitations, cake, and even our first dance. For example, I found these white lovebird salt and pepper shakers at Target for $5. They are so cute and will look great on our cake (try to find them at the wedding!) Also, when Chris and I were doing the whole long-distance relationship, we used to make each other mixed tapes. I put “Songbird” by Eva Cassidy on the one I made for Chris, and since then it always reminds me of him. I wanted to walk down the aisle to it, but we compromised and “Songbird” will be our first dance.

Since we are getting married in the mountains, I think it apropos to add an element from nature into the overall design, but I have tried really, really hard to make it very subtle. I don’t want the theme to over power the wedding. I want the theme to be more a metaphor of our love for one another, rather than an expression of our personalities. Have you ever been to a wedding where the theme was over the top? Do you think the theme worked or crashed and burned?
The above photos have been inspirational images of lovebirds for me: Gracious Bridal, Paloma's Nest, Lovin Sullivan Cakes

No comments: