Thursday, March 13, 2008

Go Go Gadget Gocco

My excitement is a little overwhelming, but I will try hard to contain myself. Being the graphic designer/creative person that I am decided that when it came to our invites that I had to design them myself. I was already to take them to a print house, when during my daily wedding blog reading I came across many DIY Brides uses a Gocco to print their invitations. What is a Gocco?

Well according to save gocco.com: in the 1970's Noboru Hayama, a printer and the Japanese inventor of the "print gocco" system, wished to develop a quick and easy household color printing system. cleverly combining the basic principles of screenprinting and rubber-stamping, "print gocco" is a clean, easy, and fully self-contained compact system that exposes and prints all in one unit. Using flash bulbs similar to those found in old cameras, an original image is thermally imprinted on a master screen. next, colorful prints are made by pressing the ink-applied master screen against a sheet of paper placed on a sponge pad. The simplicity in making a screen, and the low cost of production makes the gocco system attractive to professional screenprinters, artists, and designers, and enables even a complete novice to begin printing immediately.

The name "print gocco" is derived from the Japanese word and concept "gocco", loosely translated as a type of make-believe play used to learn common rules and knowledge.

I am ordering it over the weekend, and should get it very soon to start printing out the save-the-date cards. Go go gadget gocco!

1 comment:

stacy said...

I understand your excitement for I am insanely jealous! I am trying to convince my dad to help me build a letterpress in their garage this summer. hehe.