Finally, we are finished with all the registries. We went to Macy's over the weekend, and completed our third and final registry! Luckily, this one only took us 1 hour, unlike the 4 hours at Bed Bath and Beyond (B B & B) and 3 hours at Target. I think this time we knew what we wanted, no lengthy discussions about knives, and also the Macy's by our house is pretty small. We wanted to give people a variety of accessible shops, since all our guests our scattered all over the country, and a wide variety of prices to fit people's budgets. We felt with Macy's that we were registering for some of the same items at B B &B, which was fine because I don't think B B & B is located anywhere in Montana (I can't speak for Ohio, and I know there are some in Minnesota). Although, Macy's was a compromised gift registry, meaning, Chris and I both were very decisive about registering at Target and B B & B, but Chris wanted Macy's and I wanted Crate and Barrel. I think four registries is too much, so we had to compromise. I love the kitchen and home items at Crate and Barrel, but again another lesson in marriage -- sometimes you have to compromise on your dream registry for your partners dream registry. How many resistries should couples have two, three, or is four pushing it? What do you think?
Saturday, March 29, 2008
The Magic of Macy's
Finally, we are finished with all the registries. We went to Macy's over the weekend, and completed our third and final registry! Luckily, this one only took us 1 hour, unlike the 4 hours at Bed Bath and Beyond (B B & B) and 3 hours at Target. I think this time we knew what we wanted, no lengthy discussions about knives, and also the Macy's by our house is pretty small. We wanted to give people a variety of accessible shops, since all our guests our scattered all over the country, and a wide variety of prices to fit people's budgets. We felt with Macy's that we were registering for some of the same items at B B &B, which was fine because I don't think B B & B is located anywhere in Montana (I can't speak for Ohio, and I know there are some in Minnesota). Although, Macy's was a compromised gift registry, meaning, Chris and I both were very decisive about registering at Target and B B & B, but Chris wanted Macy's and I wanted Crate and Barrel. I think four registries is too much, so we had to compromise. I love the kitchen and home items at Crate and Barrel, but again another lesson in marriage -- sometimes you have to compromise on your dream registry for your partners dream registry. How many resistries should couples have two, three, or is four pushing it? What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment