I don't want to devote a whole post to my paused gocco excitement, but instead want to post about one of my wedding invitation inspirations, Laura Hopper. I admit it I am a typography nerd, and I envy anyone who is gifted with the pen! With this modern age, computer typography is fast and easy making calligraphy a lost art. Laura's designs are so personal and elegant -- I am thinking about recruiting my mom, who does know calligraphy, to help me address the invites. Not only does she address envelopes (as seen above) but invitations, escort cards, and maps. Check out Snippet and Ink's interview with Laura to learn more about her and her philosophy on calligraphy.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
To Serif or Sans Serif that is the Question?
My Gocco arrived on Monday (YEEHHH!!!!); however, Judy from Northwood Studios wrote me a lovely post-it note that the white ink, which I need to print the save-the-date, was on back order (BOOOOOO!!!). She said it was shipped yesterday, so hopefully I will get it tomorrow or Saturday. If it comes by this weekend, Chris and I are going to be Goccoing into the weee hours of the morning. Stay Tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hi there! i just wanted to stop by and say thanks for linking to us!
laura is the BEST - if you're looking for a calligrapher i HIGHLY recommend her. :)
Post a Comment