Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Remorse of the Flowers

I am having some flower remorse. When I saw the photos (above) from one of my daily digest of bridal blogs Style Me Pretty and Ameleah’s July wedding, the remorse started. The bride arranged all her flower by herself! Don’t they look stunning!

I toiled over my flower decision for weeks – Do I hire a florist or DIY the flowers? I did my research, contemplated the time commitment, budget, and transportation issue, as I didn’t want the flowers to wilt from the 1+ hour drive from Denver to Breckenridge. After, Chris’ mom and I visited a local florist in Breckenridge called Bloom, I was sold on a florist. Cindy, the owner, is a fabulous designer, and during our initial consultation her assistant put together a bouquet similar to what I wanted for another bride. I decided that I didn’t want to stress out the day, and I didn’t want to spend a thousand on flowers only to wilt in the backseat of my dad’s car. But after seeing these photos maybe I could have done them myself.

The problem is that I already put my deposit down, I don’t want the stress or the flowers wilting, and want more flowers than my budget via a florist will allow, so I’ve decided to do a little DIYing and leave the rest up to the florist. I am going to have my florist put together all the personal flowers, reception center pieces, and cake flowers and I’ll do the rest myself. I really want to sprinkle black magic rose petals down the aisle and have guests throw them during the processional, but with the florist that dream exceeded my budget. Now, I can make that a reality, plus I can do everything that I wanted like flowers on the ceremony chairs, bud vases for the cocktail tables, flowers for the escort/favors table, and rose petals on the table!

No comments: