Friday, March 21, 2008

Breckenridge Lodging and Hospitality


Finally, I have the lodging secure. Its been quite an ordeal. First, the lady who I was working with apparently resigned without passing along the name of her replacement. Actually, I found out she had left on theknot.com message boards, so I contacted our main contact for Ten Mile Station, who gave me the name for the new group sales manager. Three weeks later and plea to send me the contract ASAP, I finally got all the details from her assistant. The process has been frustrating, but I am happy that it's finally done.

There are four hotels/condos/townhome to choose from: Village Hotel, Village at Breckenridge, Mountain Thunder Lodge, and Great Divide Lodge. The photo above is a picture of the Mountain Thunder Lodge. Chris and I toured all the sites and we recommend the Village at Breckenridge or Mountain Thunder Lodge. Prices range from $97-$214 per night. I would recommend going to their website and checking out the amenities at each site. To book call 1.888.525.1787 and ask for group code BD9LJA to reserve rooms for the Jackson/Chandler wedding.

The concierge at each of the sites will help with any special needs, arranging activities, and transportation up to Breckenridge. There are tons of adventures to have in Breckenridge from mountain biking, hiking, golf, fishing, or shopping in the Victorian downtown. Visit the City of Breckenridge website for more information.

On that note, we recommend that you rent a car for the weekend. Breckenridge is approximately 1 hour from Denver via I-70 and is a beautiful drive. You can take the Colorado Mountain Express from Denver International Airport which will cost about $144 round trip; however, we recommend renting a car from Hotwire. First, it will be a lot cheaper and will give you flexibility if you want to take a mini-trip to Vail or check out Denver for a day.

No comments: