Friday, April 25, 2008

Monsoon Wedding


Apparently, the weather forecast calls for a very rainy day tomorrow in Colorado. I don't know a better way to spend a deary Saturday then to be curled-up in Chris' arms with a cup of hot coco and a great movie. At the advice of my matron-of-honor (MOH), I am kicking the pre-wedding syndrome (which is happily fading away!) with a movie weekend. Since this is a blog about planning a wedding and because this is one of my MOH's favorite films, I decided to start with Mira Nair's Monsoon Wedding. I love this film! Even though the film is set in India and about an arranged marriage, the characters and plot transcend cultures to reveal that love and marriage is a universal human experience. Put it on your Netflix queue, you won't regret it! Have a happy weekend!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I weren't locked in my study writing, I would be watching Monsoon Wedding in cross-country solidarity with you. I do, in fact, love that movie. I hope that it relieves some of your stress to watch other people being stressed about their weddings.