Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hello, my name is Brooke, and I am addicted to Coffee!

There, I have admitted it! I am a coffee addict. I have one cup of coffee every morning -- either a Tall Mocha (with whip) from Starbucks or just a plain old cup of jo. It's my ONE guilty pleasure in life (Ok, so maybe I have several guilty pleasures, but I have a special line item in my personal budget just for coffee). So, when I was deciding the colors for the wedding I knew the color of coffee (and chocolate) had to be one of my colors. However, I want to pay homage to this delightful roasted bean more than just using its hue, I want to incorporate its smell, as well!

My favorite part of making my own coffee at work is grinding the beans, which releases a wonderful bitter aroma that immediately wakes me up. I found this image while indulging in my daily digest of wedding blogs. (I need to be better at writing the sources down!) When I saw this image a light went on in my head, why not sprinkle coffee into candle holders and place them throughout the dining and cocktail rooms. Not only will the ambient light give a very romantic feel to our rustic location, but the slight aroma of coffee will be wafting in the mountain air. Did you incorporate an aroma into your wedding?

A slight digression – I was watching the TODAY! Show this morning (I know I am old) and they did a segment about the The Millrock Latte Art Championships . Apparently, creative rosettes and witty designs are a new art form! I love it! Goggle “Latte Art” to some amazing designs; it’s a great digression if you are bored at work!

Chris, I love you a Latte!

1 comment:

Angie said...

We did not incorporate any smell into our wedding, but I do love the smell of coffee and I think this is a great idea.

Ps. Justin and Andre had a photography show at a coffee shop in St Paul that is famous for their latte designs.